The eve of New York summer fashion week is one of the most adrenalin-filled happenings of the entire fashion season. If landing in New York is, per se, very exciting, walking surrounded by the super-high skyscrapers may be disorienting and knowing that your agenda is filled with not-to-be-missed fashion shows and exclusive events, makes your trip even more challenging: will I manage to do my best and run from one corner to the other of the town, without falling into any embarrassing moment?
During September fashion week, delirious rhythms and memories of previous seasons emerge and this is why I need to make a list of all the allies that will raise my efficiency, whatever happens.
After all, a hundred shows are planned in town, so how can you survive, unless you have a plan B for any possible unexpected event?
Here are my main allies, the unquestionable reference points I have in the total frenzy of this radical chick week.
1) Whisk: the app to book the cars I will need to get to all destinations; visit
2) Gps Radar: the app updating my agenda in real time, including invitations sent minute by minute; visit
3) Warren-Tricomi: the two extremely well-known hair stylists in the States who will save me from the humidity of this town and from crazy hair between one show and another; visit
4) Fuji Instax: the mini camera I will use to take the funniest pics; visit
5) Bergdorf Goodman: the Mecca of fashion where I will stock up super-cool accessories; visit
6) Space NK: the cult store for beauty-addicts, having the most amazing make-up selection of the world, both online and offline; visit
7) Whole Food: the historic bio supermarket chain near Lincoln Center, heart of the MB Fashion Week, where 78 shows will take place; visit
8) Exhalespa: with its not-to-be-missed yoga sessions and fusion massages (perfect before getting back to Europe); visit
9) Ode à la rose: the flower shop to send a customized flower bouquet to the most cherished designer of the moment; visit
10) McNally Jackson: the bookstore in Soho I would like to stop by at, every evening (if I were not exhausted!), peeking into the endless most selected titles; visit
If you now feel like stopping by in the Big Apple, but you have just come back from holidays and you are already working, no problem, stay tuned from your workstation: I will send you updates on the novelties of 2015 spring/summer collections and on the hidden qualities of my very clever allies.
Follow me on mobile, pc, tablet and also your favorite social network… because we are now all hyper-connected in a multichannel mode!
Greetings from New York #MBFW.
PS: have you ever thought about making the list of your own allies? Do it and you will find out the most important resources of the moment to be more and more organized!